Monday 29 October 2012

where i have kept you.


When I loved you, I loved you I held you it was warm and there you were
so expecting of a beginning that you hadn’t even closed your mouth; the steam
from the coffee rose up to my lips but I kissed you I kissed you instead and I took
your hand to lay it upon the different parts of my body you loved I wanted you
to touch. I had you had the shape of a woman, the softness of geography and the way
rocks can be made smooth. I loved you, in the full space of your mouth where I put my breath
and left it there for you to hold, filling all the black that black space with everything I could
pull from my lungs everything I could exhale, you so full of me you could hardly imagine space
Now I know all things about you, what the inside of your mouth tastes like, what the inside
of your body tastes like and then still, I know nothing of the what is left in the end, except
for shadows except for
what we did not say and, how do we say it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment